[gridengine users] "Admin user 'none' does not exist on this host"

Rayson Ho rayson at scalablelogic.com
Wed Apr 25 20:31:23 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 4:04 PM,  <felix at rabinovich.org> wrote:
> So, apparently there was something funny when I was installing Qmaster on
> the first server. I would like to "uninstall" and reinstall it once more
> (since I will have to do it in different infrastructure, anyway - and I'd
> rather have higher confidence that I am doing all steps correctly)... but I
> am not sure what "uninstall" entails. "chkconfig off" and delete
> $SGE_ROOT/default/ directory?

The docs have some info on uninstall:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24901_01/doc.62/e21973/chapter2.htm#BGBBECDI

But yeah, if you just want to uninstall & reinstall, you can just:

1) stop all the daemons (since you are throwing away the old config,
may as well kill -9).

2) remove the configuration files in $SGE_CELL (rm -rf)

3) And... there will be init scripts left behind in /etc, but I
usually don't install the init scripts when I am just fooling around
with the settings.

Using these steps, I could test the installation process very quickly.

Rayson