[gridengine users] Grid utilization reports

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Aug 13 22:47:54 UTC 2012

Semi <semi at bgu.ac.il> writes:

> May be there is other way  to receive more evident information on use
> of HPC nodes.
> It is desirable as a percentage of utilization, during the long set
> interval of time,
> probably entire reports in figures and percent

I'm not sure I understand the requirement, but the most detailed
information is available by using the reporting data (see sge_conf(5))
and as far as I remember that has data on individual nodes if that's
required.  You typically put it in a database using the ARCo dbwriter
component.  You can get a dbwriter build from the SoGE release
directory.  See also http://arc.liv.ac.uk/SGE/tools.html for pointers to
other accounting tools.

Just don't read too much into the results, as William said.

--
Community Grid Engine:  http://arc.liv.ac.uk/SGE/