[gridengine users] qstat reports a job's priority as '-nan'

Gowtham sgowtham at mtu.edu
Mon Dec 10 15:07:38 UTC 2012

While performing routine weekly checks on our test cluster (it runs
Rocks 6.0 with CentOS 6.2), I noticed that all currently every job's
priority as '-nan' (running and waiting).

Uncertain of what caused this issue, I submitted a test job
'hello_world_serial.sh'. It seems to start out by indicating correct
priority but soon starts reporting '-nan'. The screenshots for the
test job are here:

   http://sgowtham.net/misc/sge/qstat_JobPriority_Correct.png
   http://sgowtham.net/misc/sge/qstat_JobPriority_NaN.png

I have restarted the sgemaster daemon on the front end via

   /etc/init.d/sgemaster.wigner stop
   /etc/init.d/sgemaster.wigner start

It doesn't seem to have helped.

Please advice.