[gridengine users] queue slots per machine

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Jan 3 11:09:29 UTC 2012

Am 03.01.2012 um 11:34 schrieb Ben De Luca:

>     I wonder if I am miss remembering, but is there a way to
> configure a queue to have the same number of slots as there are  NCOR
> (or even NCPU) as per machine. I seem to remember doing this though I
> may have set this with hostlist some how?  I am running SGE 8.0.0e
> (son of gridengine)

If you want to have it generic, you could define 999 slots and use an RQS per hosts to define it to match the number of cores automatically, but it will make the output longer and give a (IMO) confusing output for qstat.

To define it in the queue definition:

$ qconf -sq all.q
slots 1,[node01=4],[node02=8],[@hexacore=6]

-- Reuti