[gridengine users] queue slots per machine

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Jan 3 16:38:35 UTC 2012

Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> writes:

> Am 03.01.2012 um 11:34 schrieb Ben De Luca:
>
>>     I wonder if I am miss remembering, but is there a way to
>> configure a queue to have the same number of slots as there are  NCOR
>> (or even NCPU) as per machine. I seem to remember doing this though I
>> may have set this with hostlist some how?  I am running SGE 8.0.0e
>> (son of gridengine)

[Beware that's not released.]

> If you want to have it generic, you could define 999 slots and use an
> RQS per hosts to define it to match the number of cores automatically,
> but it will make the output longer and give a (IMO) confusing output
> for qstat.

I.e.

  $ qconf -srqs host-slots
  {
     name         host-slots
     description  "restrict slots to core count"
     enabled      TRUE
     limit        hosts {*} to slots=$num_proc
  }

How is it confusing, exactly?

In case it's not clear, it isn't the same as just doing this with
multiple queues on the host.