[gridengine users] Linux Groups

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 8 17:46:05 UTC 2012

On 8 June 2012 18:12, Joseph Farran <jfarran at uci.edu> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> How does one set access to an OGE queue to have access from more than one Linux group?
>
> So if I have Linux groups staff, bio, and chem, how do I make my "test" queue only accessible by these 3 groups?
Create an access_list (with qconf -Au).  Put  @staff, at bio, at chem in the
entries field.  Add the access list to the user_lists  entry
of the queue.  Alternatively create three separate lists for the three
groups and add them all to the user_lists entry of the queue.
NB: This only works for the user's primary group (some sort of
performance thing I believe).  If you want to have secondary groups
then you could create a cron job to synchronise your  Grid Engine
access_list with your unix groups.

William