[gridengine users] SGE 8.1.0 Install Issues

Wagner, Justin jwagner at ciena.com
Tue Jun 12 23:01:24 UTC 2012

I am attempting to install SGE 8.1.0  from http://arc.liv.ac.uk/downloads/SGE/releases/8.1.0/ and am having issues.

I was able to extract/install the rpm via "rpm -i gridengine-8.1.0-1.el5.x86_64.rpm" and all the files were put in /opt/sge

We want to have SGE_ROOT at another path so I then rsynced everything from /opt/sge to our other directory.

Then I attempted to run the GUI installer and had no luck.  The only error message said "cat: : no such file or directory"

Then I attempted to install from the CL via "./inst_sge -m" and I get the following errors:

>sudo ./inst_sge -m
missing program >sge_coshepherd< in directory >./bin/lx-amd64<
missing program >sge_execd< in directory >./bin/lx-amd64<
missing program >sge_qmaster< in directory >./bin/lx-amd64<
missing program >sge_shadowd< in directory >./bin/lx-amd64<
missing program >sge_shepherd< in directory >./bin/lx-amd64<
missing program >qacct< in directory >./bin/lx-amd64<
missing program >qmon< in directory >./bin/lx-amd64<
missing program >rlogin< in directory >./utilbin/lx-amd64<
missing program >rsh< in directory >./utilbin/lx-amd64<
missing program >rshd< in directory >./utilbin/lx-amd64<

Missing Grid Engine binaries!

A complete installation needs the following binaries in >./bin/lx-amd64<:

qacct           qlogin          qrsh            sge_shepherd
qalter          qmake           qselect         sge_coshepherd
qconf           qmod            qsh             sge_execd
qdel            qmon            qstat           sge_qmaster
qhold           qresub          qsub            qhost
qrls            qtcsh           sge_shadowd     qping
qquota

and the binaries in >./utilbin/lx-amd64< should be:

adminrun       gethostbyaddr  loadcheck      rlogin         uidgid
authuser       checkprog      gethostbyname  now            rsh
infotext       checkuser      gethostname    openssl        rshd
filestat       getservbyname  qrsh_starter   testsuidroot

Installation failed. Exit.

I verified that the binaries its complaining about are not in the $SGE_ROOT/bin/lx-amd64 directory, but some of them are actually there.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Justin