[gridengine users] 8.1.0 appears to have old manpages.

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 15 05:55:54 UTC 2012

/

On 14 June 2012 23:46, Maes, Richard <rmaes at ciena.com> wrote:
> We just installed the new 8.1.0 release using the RPM packages and I did an
> man look up of qsub as saw this footer.
>

> IEEE/The Open Group                  2003
> QSUB(P)
>

> I checked my man path and saw that the new installation is up front.
>
> echo $MANPATH
>
> /corp/tools/grid/v8_1_0/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/X11R6/man:/usr/local/man:/corp/tools/lsf_6_2/man:/corp/tools/cadence/ius_8_1/share/man
>

> I went over to look at the HTML versions as their footer looks like what I
> would expect.  Could the wrong man pages have been integrated into the
> build?

I'd check the directories to find out rather than try to make
inferences.  I've seen a qsub man page like that included with Linux
distros.  It may be that your
man pager considers section P (for Posix presumably) to have
precedence over the section in which your Grid Engine man pages
actually reside.  I believe the section
search orser has precedence over the MANPATH order.

Try man -a qsub and look through all the qsub pages you can find.

William