[gridengine users] 8.1.0 appears to have old manpages.

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 15 08:14:37 UTC 2012

On 15 June 2012 06:55, Hay, William <w.hay at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> /
>
> On 14 June 2012 23:46, Maes, Richard <rmaes at ciena.com> wrote:
>> We just installed the new 8.1.0 release using the RPM packages and I did an
>> man look up of qsub as saw this footer.
>>

>> IEEE/The Open Group                  2003
>> QSUB(P)
>>

>> I checked my man path and saw that the new installation is up front.
>>
>> echo $MANPATH
>>
>> /corp/tools/grid/v8_1_0/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/X11R6/man:/usr/local/man:/corp/tools/lsf_6_2/man:/corp/tools/cadence/ius_8_1/share/man
>>

>> I went over to look at the HTML versions as their footer looks like what I
>> would expect.  Could the wrong man pages have been integrated into the
>> build?
>
> I'd check the directories to find out rather than try to make
> inferences.  I've seen a qsub man page like that included with Linux
By check the directories out I mean  something like (assuming Linux):

cd /corp/tools/grid/v8_1_0/man
groff -Tascii -mandoc man1/qsub.1 |less

This should give you the qsub manpage.  NB it is important you do this
from the directory
specified in the manpath rather than the one containing qsub.1 or any
other directory as
the SGE qsub.1 manpage sources man1/submit.1 for its actual text.

William