[gridengine users] 8.1.0 appears to have old manpages.

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Jun 15 09:55:04 UTC 2012

Am 15.06.2012 um 10:14 schrieb William Hay:

> By check the directories out I mean  something like (assuming Linux):
>
> cd /corp/tools/grid/v8_1_0/man
> groff -Tascii -mandoc man1/qsub.1 |less

I get ESCs in the output, "less -R" seems to remove them.

In case someone would like to use `man` directly for submit.1: there are two different versions of `man` around, the one on Linux is different than the one on a Mac.

For the Linux versions you can also specify a path to a file instead or the command or option -l <name> to avoid the ususal search.

On a Mac the option -l doesn't exist and one has to use a path to acces a local file.

-- Reuti