[gridengine users] RQS Help

Ray Spence r3spence at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 23:40:29 UTC 2012

I am using SGE 6.2u5 on Ubuntu 12.04. I have been tearing my hair out
attempting to enforce memory and slots allocation limit by an RQS. I'd like
to restrict all users to 128GB and 32 slots total usage respectively
cumulative
(at any time, not per job) in a specific queue. I call this queue high.q.
Here is my RQS

{
   name         high.q_limits
   description  "All high.q users restricted to 32 slots and 128GB ram"
   enabled      TRUE
   limit        users {*} queues high.q to slots=32
   limit        users {*} queues high.q to virtual_free=128g
}

With this in place I can submit a job, with a hard request for 150G, which
runs.

% qsub -hard -q high.q -l virtual_free=150g grid1.sh

I'm beginning to think this type of quota isn't even possible?
Can anyone shed light on this?