[gridengine users] RQS Help

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Jun 20 07:57:49 UTC 2012

Am 20.06.2012 um 09:49 schrieb Ray Spence:

> Hi Reuti,
>
> Thank you for your help. After posting my request I began to realize I needed two RQS.
> Can you tell me if RQS can even do what I want - to limit each user to a cumulative
> amount of memory being used by all his respective jobs in a specific queue?

In principle yes, but sometimes jobs just won't start in certain conditions of defined RQS - it's a bug. Just check, whether it's working for your setup.

> I have
> set h_vmem and virtual_free to be consumable but have not assigned an amount of
> for either of these. Do I need to set an actual amount?

Yes, as you need something to consume from. It is often set on an exechost level to the installed memory (`qconf -me node01`). If it's limited on an exechost level by an RQS again, it could even be set to any arbitrary high value. But as you check only the overall usage, it should be set to the size of the installed memory again.

-- Reuti