[gridengine users] file permission change on $TMP directory

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Jun 21 10:15:12 UTC 2012

CB <cbalways at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am using the GE2011.11 release.
>
> When a job dispatched to a node, it creates $TMP directory, which is
> usually located at /tmp on the execution host. The current file permission
> on $TMP is 755.  I would like to modify it to 750.  Can anyone point me
> which file should I modify?   I thought this might be quicker than me to
> searching through the source code.

https://arc.liv.ac.uk/trac/SGE/ticket/109

The relevant code is actually in sge_exec_job (in recent versions?).  I
haven't got round to seeing if configuring the various umasks will break
anything, particularly if it's controlled by a single parameter.  (The
permission on the job spool is actually the most interesting.)

--
Community Grid Engine:  http://arc.liv.ac.uk/SGE/