[gridengine users] State of jobs

Valerio Luccio valerio.luccio at nyu.edu
Fri Jun 22 14:10:13 UTC 2012

On 06/21/2012 05:03 PM, Jesse Becker wrote:
> The qstat program won't report on jobs that are not either running ("r")
> or queued ("qw" or "hqw").  If you run 'qstat -j <nonexistantjob>', you
> don't get much output at all, and it's easy to tell that the job is no
> longer (or not yet) in the system.
>
> Or are you trying to specifically distinguish between running and queued
> jobs?  "qstat -s r" will show only the former, and "qstat -s p" will
> show only the later.
Thanks, I'm aware of that. I'm trying to get the state of a job
currently in the queues.

Quite simply I have a script that updates a PHP page where my users can
check their jobs without having to log in (most of them would not know
how to do it anyway). I currently have this working on a cluster that
uses PBS. Wth PBS "qstat -f -1 <job number>" will give you info similar
to "qstat -j <job number>" in SGE, but it includes the current state,
which is missing (kind of) in the SGE output. I was surprised since in
SGE the output for all the jobs includes the state.
--
Valerio Luccio 		(212) 998-8736
Center for Brain Imaging 		4 Washington Place, Room 158

    "In an open world, who needs windows or gates ?"