[gridengine users] MPI GAMESS on SGE

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Jun 25 12:11:02 UTC 2012

Am 25.06.2012 um 14:03 schrieb Dave Love:

> Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> writes:
>
>> Well, we also use GAMESS sometimes but just with the default socket communication.
>
> Did you ever manage to get that tightly integrated?  Alternatively, is
> there a good reason not to use the MPI support I seem to remember it has
> now?

No, only the last state we talked about a year ago or so: it starts tightly integrated (i.e. with `qrsh -inherit ...` and ssh/rsh completely disabled in the cluster), but then jumps out of the process tree and there is no accounting.

I found the manual with the explanation about the MPI data servers quite confusing, and as as we use it only once in a while I didn't spend more time on it.