[gridengine users] load sensor for weather forecast?

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 29 08:38:00 UTC 2012

Our cluster has a certain seasonal quality to it.  When the outside
temperature gets too hot the aircon gets a little overstressed and we
have to (partially) drain the cluster.  I doubt we're the only cluster
subject to such issues.  There are lots of websites that offer a
weather API that can give you forecasts.  What would be nice is a load
sensor that reports the highest predicted temperature for our location
in the next N days.  Even better would be a time to specified outside
temperature function we could incorporate into a h_rt/s_rt load
sensor. Before we start writing this ourselves has anyone written (and
is willing to share) such a load sensor (We're in London, England so
it would need to use a service that covers the UK)?

William