[gridengine users] New to OGE. Installation questions

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Nov 2 15:36:34 UTC 2012

Arnauito Tocame el Pito <listsarnau at gmail.com> writes:

> HI all,
>
> first of all let met apologize about the empty mail I've sent. I hit
> enter by mistake.
> My name is Arnau Bria and I'd like to start using OGE.
> I've seen the doc and seems that installation must be done by
> compiling the software. So my first question here, is there any rpm
> availbale? For RH 6.x?

OGE is Oracle Grid Engine, and you need to talk to Oracle about that.

> If not, anyone has installed the vesrion in RH 6.x using
> http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/?
> I've found http://bioteam.net/2012/01/building-open-grid-scheduler-on-centos-rhel-6-2/
> and seems that installation is more diffcut as described in the
> offical doc and that makes me think that the install is not going to
> work so smooth.

There are RPMs of a different version, with more fixes and features,
under http://arc.liv.ac.uk/downloads/SGE/releases/8.1.2/ which should
install trivially, although if I recall correctly, you need an extra
repository enabled to get a Perl module.

--
Community Grid Engine:  http://arc.liv.ac.uk/SGE/