[gridengine users] Limit queue to jobs explicitly requesting it

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Nov 6 09:49:49 UTC 2012

Am 06.11.2012 um 10:29 schrieb Julien Nicoulaud:

> Mhh, I don't have a BOOL complex for this, what makes you think that ?

Well, the wording "-l qname" led to this assumption, as this is the short for "-l qname=TRUE" (for a BOOL complex). Obviously you meant "-l qname=foobar" with an argument behind.

> It seems to me that if I configure the "qname" complex to FORCED, every single job will have to explicitly request a queue with "-q" or "-l qname", but may be I'm misunderstanding it...

Only every single job, which should run in the queue/exechost to which it is attached need to request iot. Hence legacy applications need to request "-l legacy" or alike, and other jobs not requesting this complex will only be scheduled to these queues/exechosts where this complex isn't attached to.

As you want to attach it to a queue, it needs to be defined in the queue configuration "complex_values legacy=TRUE".

==

>From the point of view of a job (for hard requests):

1. -l foobar=TRUE => the complex needs to be defined as TRUE on a queue/exechost level
2. -l foobar=FALSE => the complex needs to be defined as FALSE on a queue/exechost level
3. not requested at all: it doesn't care, whether it gets TRUE or FALSE, both values are eligible for this job

>From point of view of a queue/exechost:

1. "complex_values foobar=TRUE", (requestable YES) => accepts job requesting -l foobar=TRUE or not requesting it at all
2. "complex_values foobar=FALSE", (requestable YES) => accepts job requesting -l foobar=FALSE or not requesting it at all
3. "complex_values foobar=TRUE", (requestable FORCED) => accepts only job requesting -l foobar=TRUE
4. "complex_values foobar=FALSE", (requestable FORCED) => accepts only job requesting -l foobar=FALSE

-- Reuti