[gridengine users] Limit queue to jobs explicitly requesting it
reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Nov 6 09:49:49 UTC 2012
Am 06.11.2012 um 10:29 schrieb Julien Nicoulaud:
> Mhh, I don't have a BOOL complex for this, what makes you think that ?
Well, the wording "-l qname" led to this assumption, as this is the short for "-l qname=TRUE" (for a BOOL complex). Obviously you meant "-l qname=foobar" with an argument behind.
> It seems to me that if I configure the "qname" complex to FORCED, every single job will have to explicitly request a queue with "-q" or "-l qname", but may be I'm misunderstanding it...
Only every single job, which should run in the queue/exechost to which it is attached need to request iot. Hence legacy applications need to request "-l legacy" or alike, and other jobs not requesting this complex will only be scheduled to these queues/exechosts where this complex isn't attached to.
As you want to attach it to a queue, it needs to be defined in the queue configuration "complex_values legacy=TRUE".
>From the point of view of a job (for hard requests):
1. -l foobar=TRUE => the complex needs to be defined as TRUE on a queue/exechost level
2. -l foobar=FALSE => the complex needs to be defined as FALSE on a queue/exechost level
3. not requested at all: it doesn't care, whether it gets TRUE or FALSE, both values are eligible for this job
>From point of view of a queue/exechost:
1. "complex_values foobar=TRUE", (requestable YES) => accepts job requesting -l foobar=TRUE or not requesting it at all
2. "complex_values foobar=FALSE", (requestable YES) => accepts job requesting -l foobar=FALSE or not requesting it at all
3. "complex_values foobar=TRUE", (requestable FORCED) => accepts only job requesting -l foobar=TRUE
4. "complex_values foobar=FALSE", (requestable FORCED) => accepts only job requesting -l foobar=FALSE
> 2012/11/5 Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>
> Am 05.11.2012 um 17:22 schrieb Julien Nicoulaud:
> > I have a few queues that are only here to support a legacy application. The application explicitly requests the queues ("-l qname").
> Looks like you have a BOOL complex to address this queue already, just make it "requestable FORCED" instead of "requestable YES".
> -- Reuti
> > I'd like to prevent some "regular" jobs to run in these queues, is it possible to limit these queues to jobs explicitly requesting it ?
> > Regards,
> > Julien
> > _______________________________________________
> > users mailing list
> > users at gridengine.org
> > https://gridengine.org/mailman/listinfo/users
More information about the users