[gridengine users] Configure gridengine on CentOS 6.3

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Nov 7 15:37:22 UTC 2012

Am 07.11.2012 um 15:46 schrieb Petter Gustad:

>> From: Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>
>> Subject: Re: [gridengine users] Configure gridengine on CentOS 6.3
>> Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 11:27:49 +0100
>>
>>> Just use the version you have already in the shared /usr/sge or your
>>> particular mountpoint.
>>
>> I should probably try this first, at least to verify that it's
>> working. But later I would like to migrate to the CentOS on all my
>> exechosts and leave the installation to somebody else.
>
> I did this and it worked out fine on the first machine I migrated.
> However, on the next set of machines I run into the problem where the
> submitted job will cause the queue to go into the error state.
>
> I observe that:
>
> 1) It will not be submitted
> 2) The queue will be marked with the 'E' state
> 3) I get an e-mail saying
>    Shepherd pe_hostfile:
>    node 1 queue at node UNDEFINED
> 4) The node will log the following in the spool/node/messages file:
>    11/07/2012 15:33:07|  main|node|E|shepherd of job 48548.1 exited with exit status = 11
> 5) qstat -j jobnumber returns
>
>    error reason    1:          11/07/2012 15:33:06 [555:29681]: unable to find job file "/work/gridengine/spool/node/job_scr

This looks like an anusual path for the spool directory. The name of the node should be included.

$ qconf -sconf

(at the top something like: execd_spool_dir              /var/spool/sge, the directory for the particular node will be created automatically when the execd starts up)

$ qconf -sconfl

(get all exechost definitions [if any are present at all]), then for the particular node:

$ qconf -sconf node42

and check the path to the execd_spool_dir.

-- Reuti