[gridengine users] node load

Arnau Bria listsarnau at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 08:01:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'd like to configure my nodes in the way that if some node reaches X
load value, it does not accept more jobs.

The only way I've found for doing so is defining queue level load_avg
and create some host group and then assign load value to host group:

# qconf -sq cn-el6|grep ^load
load_avg=1.75,[@cn=np_load_avg=1.25]

but, is there any way for configuring it at host level without having
to create one host group for each node?

PS: I'm reading "OGE Administration Guide" but I've not seen how to do
so. The guide describes many commands but not the params or gives some
examples. Is there any other administartor guide that I could read?

gridengine-2011.11p1-2.el6.x86_64

TIA,
Arnau