[gridengine users] SC12 & HPC in the Cloud

Rayson Ho rayson at scalablelogic.com
Thu Nov 15 15:52:39 UTC 2012

For those at SC12 who are interested in running your HPC jobs in the
Cloud, or just open source Grid Engine in general, please visit the
Gompute booth (#3436):

http://www.gompute.com/-/sc12-nov-10-16-salt-lake-city-usa

This year, we tested the scalability of Open Grid Scheduler / Grid
Engine on the cloud -- we ran a 10,000-node cluster on EC2 (we could
have used Gompute's hardware but obviously there are more important
workloads in the dedicated HPC Clouds at Gompute).

And a quick update on this year's OGS/GE release - we were busy on the
cloud enhancements & scalability testing just before SC12, but some of
our users were running the new features we blogged about. So after
integration testing we will be releasing a new version fairly soon!
(Some of the OGS/GE enhancements for running in the Cloud will be
available in release next year...)

Rayson