[gridengine users] will changes to a hard limit in a queue config roll down into running jobs?

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Nov 15 16:20:33 UTC 2012

Quick question ...

I've got a job with a user running in a queue that has a 48 hour hard
wallclock limit. The user is prepared to move into a long.q but his job
is *almost* complete and will not go much past the 48h limit. Trying to
see if I can preserve the job and not lose 48 hours of computation...

If I relax or remove the hard limit from the cluster queue config
temporarily will the job be spared? Do changes to these limits get
passed down dynamically to running jobs.  I can't remember if I've ever
had this particular scenario come up before...

Regards,
Chris