[gridengine users] SoGE 8.1.0: requested 2 configurations, got 3

Wagner, Justin jwagner at ciena.com
Fri Oct 5 15:18:08 UTC 2012

After removing the JSV option from sge_request the same message displays.
After removing the queue option from sge_request the same message displays.

When we upgraded to 8.1.0 from 6.2u4 we actually changed hosts running as qmaster and moved the installation directory (which is network mounted and all hosts see it), so it wasn't necessarily an "upgrade" per se, we just modified which installation directory variable were sourced on a per host basis when we switched them from the old grid (6.2u4) to the new one (8.1.0) which caused them to launch to the new qmaster.  So I don't think you would consider that a "live upgrade".

Justin