[gridengine users] h_vmem negative values?

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Oct 31 22:19:47 UTC 2012

Alex Chekholko <chekh at stanford.edu> writes:

> Hi Reuti,
>
> Thanks for your response, here's the output of 'qhost -F h_vmem'.
> I am not sure how to interpret the negative values here either.

You can get over-subscription of hosts from contributions to parallel
job resources from multiple queues, but there's also at least one bug
producing such symptoms.  If I recall correctly, Reuti has some
diagnosis in the issue tracker, to do with multiple resource requests.
An RQS with a dynamic limit may work around it.

--
Community Grid Engine:  http://arc.liv.ac.uk/SGE/