[gridengine users] How to set a environment variable on slave nodes?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Dec 4 10:47:46 UTC 2013

Hi,

Am 04.12.2013 um 11:31 schrieb Yong Wu:

>   I want to set a environment variable on slave nodes, and I did this in my submitted script:
> #$ -v LD_PRELOAD=/home/wuy/bin/libtime.so.1

The variable will bet set at execution time of the script, wherever it's executed. Due you mean:

- the location is different for slave nodes in the cluster?
- the library shouldn't be loaded at all on slave nodes?

Did you test with an:

echo $LD_PRELOAD

in the jobscript whether it's set? It will also be listed in `qstat -j <job_id>`.

-- Reuti