[gridengine users] force gridengine to used specific interface on multiple interface cluster.

Daniel R. Gore danielgore at yaktech.com
Tue Dec 31 20:02:16 UTC 2013

I have to configure gridengine to run on a non-standard cluster where
the all nodes (head node included) have multiple interfaces.  I need to
run gridengine over an interface the is not associated with the nodes
(head node included) FQDN.  I have followed the instructions here
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/howto/multi_intrfcs.html , but
unfortunately this does not work.

SGE can resolve all hostnames with
SGE_ROOT/utilbin/lx26-amd64/gethostbyname -aname "name associated with
alternate interface".  But when I change the
SGE_ROOT/SGE_CELL/common/act_qmaster to read the masters' grid engine
interface rather than the hostname, the sgemaster fails to start
indicating that this is not a master host.

Obviously SGE master tightly correlates to hostname
in /etc/sysconfig/network.  Is there anyway to get around this?

Thanks.

Dan

believed to be clean.