[gridengine users] controlling primary group of job on exec hosts

Thomas Finnern Thomas.Finnern at desy.de
Tue Jul 2 14:56:44 UTC 2013

Hi there,

we need to control the primary group of a users job on our
exec hosts in order to organise e.g. storage access.
Currently we observe that a users processing environment
uses always his primary unix group. As our users work
for different projects it might happen, that even on
a single worker node two jobs of the same user should
run under different groups ...

Any ideas or hints are welcome ...

     Regards, Thomas

PS:

Playing a around with an example:

user x has primary group ga and secondary group gb

We need to implement something like:
submit from host ha -> jobs executed with primary group ga, secondary group gb
submit from host hb -> jobs executed with primary group gb, secondary group ga

or alternatively via projects:
submit with project pa -> jobs executed with primary group ga, secondary group gb
submit with project pb -> jobs executed with primary group gb, secondary group ga

How can this be achieved?