[gridengine users] controlling primary group of job on exec hosts

Fritz Ferstl fferstl at univa.com
Thu Jul 4 06:17:09 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas,

you could think about using the USE_QSUB_GID execd_param. The user then
would have to switch to the desired group prior to submitting the job.
So something like 'newgrp storage_grp qsub ...'

That may cause other trouble, of course, e.g. when accessing the script
file during the submission itself. And if you use CSP mode then there
may be further implications.

Cheers,

Fritz