[gridengine users] problem with reservation. It never gets active...

Pablo Escobar pescobar001 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 13:42:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a problem where reservation doesn't seem to work. It was
working previously but now it stopped working and I don't know why. I
think is it related to jobs walltime (h_rt) but not sure.

I have a few queues and use "seqno" in the queues. I also have two
"special" queues which require a complex value (long=true or
fast=true). I also use h_vmem reservation in every queue

Here is my config:

[root][sgemaster][~]# qconf -ssconf|grep -i reser
max_reservation                   30

[root][sgemaster][~]# qconf -ssconf|grep -i reser
max_reservation                   30

[root][sgemaster][~]# qconf -ssconf|grep -i dura
default_duration                  INFINITY

[root][sgemaster][~]# for q in `qconf -sql`; do echo $q ; qconf -sq $q
|egrep "h_rt|s_rt|complex";echo -e "\n"; done

12cores128G.q
complex_values        NONE
s_rt                  INFINITY
h_rt                  16:00:00

12cores96G.q
complex_values        NONE
s_rt                  INFINITY
h_rt                  16:00:00

8cores30G.q
complex_values        NONE
s_rt                  INFINITY
h_rt                  20:00:00

8cores48G.q
complex_values        NONE
s_rt                  INFINITY
h_rt                  16:00:00

clinic.q
complex_values        clinicq=true
s_rt                  INFINITY
h_rt                  INFINITY

fast.q
complex_values        fast=TRUE
s_rt                  INFINITY
h_rt                  INFINITY

gpus-all.q
complex_values        gpusallq=true
s_rt                  INFINITY
h_rt                  24:00:00

gpus.q
complex_values        NONE
s_rt                  INFINITY
h_rt                  16:00:00

long.q
complex_values        long=true
s_rt                  INFINITY
h_rt                  INFINITY

[root][sgemaster][~]# qconf -sc |egrep "^#|slots|fast|long|h_vmem" |grep -v load
#name               shortcut   type        relop requestable
consumable default  urgency
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fast                f          BOOL        ==    FORCED      NO
 FALSE    100
h_vmem              h_vmem     MEMORY      <=    YES         YES
 0        0
long                long       BOOL        ==    FORCED      NO
 FALSE    100
slots               s          INT         <=    YES         YES
 1        1000

I have checked many times that flag "-R y" is active in a few jobs and
enabled "monitor=true" in my scheduler config for debugging but I get
no information about reserveration in the "schedule" file. It is like
reservation never gets active :?

[root][sgemaster][~]# grep -i reser $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/schedule
[root][sgemaster][~]#

any clue about what else I could check?

thanks in advance for any help.
regards,