[gridengine users] qrsh from DRMAA

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sun Jul 21 18:36:57 UTC 2013

Am 19.07.2013 um 13:23 schrieb Raghavendra:

> On 07/17/2013 11:35 AM, Reuti wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 04.07.2013 um 23:34 schrieb Raghavendra:
>>
>>> I have been trying out OGS DRMAA C API. from http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24901_01/doc.62/e21976/chapter2.htm#BGBGHHDH i understood how to submit a batch job as done by qsub. But i am not able to figure out how do we use DRMAA to submit an interactive gui job like qrsh. Is that functionality supported in DRMAA at all?
>> What is your intention to start an interactive GUI - you really want a shell popping up or just wait for the end of the former job?
>>
>> -- Reuti
>>
> I need a full fledged GUI application (which has embedded GPU renders) to launch on the windows execution host using DRMA API. Currently i am able to achieve this using the following command:
> qsub -l dwg=true -b y -shell n -now y /SomeFolder/app.exe

Let me rephrase the question: you want to start a GUI application by DRMAA and sit in front of the monitor waiting for the GUI to pop up and then you can start to work interactively with it? Why do you want to start it by DRMAA then; what you do right now is fine IMO.

Nevertheless: will this be the only job in the current DRMAA session or do you want to submit several at once?

-- Reuti

>>> Thanks,
>>> Ryagz