[gridengine users] Problems sendig mail from jobs

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Mar 11 15:43:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

Am 11.03.2013 um 15:52 schrieb Txema Heredia Genestar:

> This morning I have realized that I do not always receive mails sent from my jobs. I have been toying around with this script:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> echo "sleep 1" | /bin/mail -s "sleep ${1}" ${LOGNAME} ;
> sleep 60;
> echo "awake 2" | /bin/mail -s "awake ${1}" ${LOGNAME} ;
> sleep 10;
> echo "test 3" | /bin/mail -s "test ${1}" ${LOGNAME} ;
> ###sleep 1;

The mail interface will fork at some point the maildrop process. When the job finishes the remaining processes will be killed by intention by SGE - if it happens too fast, the mail ist never send as you observed.

What you can try is something like:

echo "test 3" | /bin/mail -S sendwait -s "test ${1}" ${LOGNAME} ;

-- Reuti