[gridengine users] X11 not working after qlogin

Infinity 19f191ty at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 09:04:53 UTC 2013

Thanks for the pointer. I tried the following command, the error is better
in the sense that at least the DISPLAY variable is set this time

sungrid-dev % qrsh -q galaxy_intr.q xclock
Error: Can't open display: localhost:16.0

localhost:16.0 is the DISPLAY variable on the sungrid-dev machine. I think
my main doubt is, what should be the DISPLAY variable on the final compute
cluster machine? This is what I don't really understand.

The Xming server on my windows machine is running on localhost:0. So why is
the DISPLAY variable on the sungrid-dev machine localhost:16.0? Shouldn't
it be <windows_ip>:0?