[gridengine users] finished / aborted jobs mail spam control

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb at salilab.org
Wed Mar 20 17:26:40 UTC 2013

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 at 10:21am, Txema Heredia Genestar wrote

> Well, right now my master node postfix has an alias mapping the user's ldap
> email field. Thus, mails are not stored for the users but sent directly to
> their real accounts.
>
> Should I get rid of that, let all mail to accumulate in /var/spool/mail and
> parse the files with a cron job?

What about setting up some mailing list software (e.g. mailman) inside the
cluster, have the users' jobs send email to their mailing list address,
and let the mailing list create the digests and mail them to the users'
real addresses?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin