[gridengine users] how to configure queue to terminate job not including h_rt option in batch file

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 27 09:16:22 UTC 2013

On 27 March 2013 01:51, Sangmin Park <dorimosiada at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about configuring a queue.
> I want to kill job if a batch file of job does not include wall clock time,
> h_rt option with termination message.
> Does anyone know how to do it?

It's not clear when you want the job killed if it doesn't set a time
limit.  At submission or after some predefined runtime?

Do you want to impose an overall limit as well?  If so then filling in
the h_rt or s_rt field of the queue configuration should work.
Or you could fill in a default request for h_rt/s_rt in the central
sge_request file.
Finally you could just use a jsv to check that a value has been set
for h_rt or s_rt and either set one or reject the job at submission.