[gridengine users] RFC - add in normal resident memory metric and high water mark for qstat job output

Ed Lauzier elauzier2 at perlstar.com
Wed May 1 17:41:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

Not sure if anyone has worked on this before, but how would we go about implementing
a new job metric in GE for resident memory instead of mem ( which is in units of GBs )?

I'd like to have one called rmem ( in units of MB ) and also max_rmem for example that would
provide the measured resident memory and high water mark per job to qstat instead of having
to calculate an approx value using the mem value.

This will be used for ge pollers for resource usage data collection over time.

I submitted this to the dev group, but that group has not been active afaict.

Thanks,

Ed