[gridengine users] prolog-like script for qrsh

Riccardo Murri riccardo.murri at uzh.ch
Tue May 14 16:29:34 UTC 2013

On 14 May 2013 18:17, Riccardo Murri <riccardo.murri at uzh.ch> wrote:

> On 14 May 2013 09:05, Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
>>
>> In the prolog of the PE you could program a loop across all granted nodes by using a `qrsh -inherit -V ...` to all nodes therein to make some preparations.
>
> I'm now doing this:
>
>         HOSTS=$( cut -d' ' -f1 $PE_HOSTFILE | fgrep -v $(hostname -s) )
>         for host in $HOSTS; do
>             qrsh -inherit -V $host $RUNSCRIPT | grep -q "failed"
>             # ... react on failure
>         done
>
> but apparently `execd` does not allow me to qrsh from the prolog:
>
>     error: executing task of job 2648607 failed: execution daemon on
> host "r01c04b04n02" didn't accept task
>
> anything wrong with my use of `qrsh`?

apparently, since the prolog script runs as root, the execd does not
allow `qrsh -inherit`:

    |W|denied request of user "root" to start a pe task in job of user "murri"

I probably misread your suggestion: I was talking about the job
prolog, which at our site runs as root, whereas you adviced me to use
the PE start-up procedure (`start_proc_args` in `qconf -sp`)?

Thanks,
Riccardo