[gridengine users] h_vmem

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon May 27 09:38:41 UTC 2013

Am 27.05.2013 um 10:44 schrieb Vamsi Krishna:

> qrsh -l queue3 -l h_vmem=6G does not work, while: qrsh -l queue3 -l h_vmem=1G works?

"-l queue3" or "-q queue3"? The former would request a boolean complex AFAICS.

> YES both are working after some time. Grid took some time to read the configuration.
>
> How is you h_vmem=64G set, do you get it via a load sensor or is is setup for each execution host?
> yes it is set for execd hosts using qconf -me nodeA complex_values. which is eq to physical memory size.
>
> as the below configuration impacting other queues.
> h_vmem                         h_vmem                     MEMORY      <=      YES         YES        0        0.
>
> i would like to restrict h_vmem only to queue3, i dont want to use complex_values for other queues like queue1 and queue2.  so modified to default settings.
> h_vmem                         h_vmem                     MEMORY      <=      YES         NO        0        0
>
> is there a way to configure at queue level only for queue3.

Usually you sepcify resource requests and SGE will select an appropriate queue for your job. Requesting a queue directly is unusual.

Anyway: to get it with different values on a queue level you will need a JSV (job submission verifier) requesting the intended value for each type of queue.

-- Reuti