[gridengine users] global jsv not being applied and jsv performance...

Pablo Escobar pescobar001 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 10:18:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am trying to apply a global jsv and for some strange reason it doesn't
seem to work unless I specify it when doing qsub

this is my configuration:

$> qconf -sconf |grep -i jsv
jsv_url
/import/bc2/soft/system/OpenGridScheduler/GE2011.11p1/util/resources/jsv/test.sh
jsv_allowed_mod              ac,h,i,e,o,j,M,N,p,w

When I specify the jsv when doing qsub it works:

qsub -jsv
/import/bc2/soft/system/OpenGridScheduler/GE2011.11p1/util/resources/jsv/test.sh
-b y /bin/sleep 30
hello!! JSV running!!
Your job 1542 ("sleep") has been submitted

But if I don't specify the path to the jsv in the qsub command the global
jsv_url doesn't apply

$ > time qsub -b y /bin/sleep 30
Your job 1553 ("sleep") has been submitted

Is there anything I am missing to setup the global jsv_url? I thought
jsv_url in the global config was the only needed flag to setup....

A different but related question...I have seen that when not using jsv the
qsub runtime is always below 0.5sec but if using a jsv (simple one just
doing echo with jsv_log_info) the qsub runtime goes to 2-3 secs. ¿is there
any way to improve the performance when using jvs?

thanks in advance
Pablo.