[gridengine users] global jsv not being applied and jsv performance...

Pablo Escobar pescobar001 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 16:44:22 UTC 2013

thanks Reuti, the problem is if I use "jsv_reject_wait" the job is
rejected. I would like to find someway to give output to the users and
accept the job, mainly to inform them when I modify any of their args
before accepting the job.

Doing testing I have found that the performance improvement is only
achieved when running jsv in server side. If I run jsv in client side using
sge_request file I get this runtime:

time for i in `seq 1 100`; do qsub -o /dev/null -e /dev/null -cwd -b y
/bin/sleep 120; done
real    1m48.857s
user    0m3.276s
sys    0m1.469s

When doing the same submitting another 100 jobs but running the same jsv in
server side I get this runtime:
real    0m4.420s
user    0m1.015s
sys    0m0.936s

Seeing the huge difference in performance by now I will stay with the jsv
in the server side and giving information to the users just when their jobs
are rejected with jsv_reject() function.

regards,
Pablo.