[gridengine users] qlogin sets TERM var to "dumb"?

Prentice Bisbal prentice.bisbal at rutgers.edu
Wed Oct 2 15:48:18 UTC 2013

Hi, everyone,

After not being on this list for about 15 months, I'm now supporting SGE
again and need your assistance with a problem. The problem I have is the
same one Alex Chekholko reported just about a year ago:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.clustering.opengridengine.user/4877

To summarize, when I use qrsh or qlogin to get a shell on a node, TERM
is set to 'dumb' which leads to programs complaining that TERM is not
set properly. When I bypass SGE and use SSH to login to these systems
directly, TERM is set to 'xterm'.

The original thread from last year didn't have a solution to this
problem. Has anyone come with a solution for this problem?

--
Prentice