[gridengine users] running job holds and restart

Sangmin Park dorimosiada at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 05:40:02 UTC 2013

Thanks, adam

I configured sge queue configuration following second link you said.
But, it does not work.

I make 4 queues, short.q, normal.q, long.q and matlab.q
short.q, normal.q and long.q queue instances are running all computing
nodes, node1 ~ node30.
matlab.q instance is configured only for a few nodes, node1 ~ node7, called
matlabhosts

The priorities of each queue is below.
[short.q]
priority              -5
subordinate_list      NONE
[normal.q]
priority              0
subordinate_list      NONE
[long.q]
priority              5
subordinate_list      NONE

and matlab.q is
priority              -10
subordinate_list      short.q normal.q long.q

I submited several jobs using normal.q to the matlabhosts
and I submited a job using matlab.q that has subordinate_list
I expected one of normal.q queue job is suspended and matlab.q queue job is
running.
But, matlab.q queue job waits in queue with status qw. not submitted.

what's the matter with this?
please help!!

Sangmin