[gridengine users] reservation progress

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Sep 12 12:32:21 UTC 2013

Hi,

Am 12.09.2013 um 13:56 schrieb striewski:

> we work with reservation and give the all jobs a runtime limit (h_rt) and we use classic spooling
>
> with -m bea i get information when a job starts, ends or aborts.
>
> my boss has the idea, that he wants to get the information, when his job will be finished as soon as he has submitted the job with qsub. is this possible ?

No. http://gridengine.org/pipermail/users/2012-August/004484.html

Another entry:

http://arc.liv.ac.uk/pipermail/gridengine-users/2009-December.txt (search for "cutting")

> my second problem, i have to find out the progress of reserving. may be a job requests 4 slots, i have to find out the time when it starts reserving, when it has got 2 slots, when it has got the 3rd slot and so on.

You can switch on "params MONITOR=1" in `qconf -msconf` (`man sched_conf`), but the reservation might switch to other nodes when the requested h_rt of another job wasn't used up completely and resources become free earlier than anticipated for example.

-- Reuti