[gridengine users] Problems with multi-queue parallel jobs

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Sep 16 22:01:41 UTC 2013

Brendan Moloney <moloney at ohsu.edu> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I use multiple queues to divide up available resources based on job
> run times. Large parallel jobs will typically span multiple queues and
> this has generally been working fine thus far.

I'd strongly recommend avoiding that.  Another reason is possible
trouble due to the temporary directory name being derived from the queue
name.  (I changed that but had some odd failures when I introduced it,
so it's not in the current version, and I haven't had a chance to go
back and figure out why.)

--
Community Grid Engine:  http://arc.liv.ac.uk/SGE/