[gridengine users] Can a 6.2u5 node talk to a 6.2u3 cluster?

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 17:48:31 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nope it did not like that change ...

On CentOS5 :

[root at solexa4 ~]# strings /lib/libc.so.6 | grep "GNU C Library"
GNU C Library stable release version 2.5, by Roland McGrath et al.

on Ubuntu 13.04
root at solexa1:/gridware/sge# strings /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 |
grep "GNU C Library"
GNU C Library (Ubuntu EGLIBC 2.17-0ubuntu5) stable release version
2.17, by Roland McGrath et al.

So looks like I need to rewrite that section of "arch" ... and I just
found out that logging into a SGE machine calls "arch" so it needs to
handle both scenarios correctly