[gridengine users] Can a 6.2u5 node talk to a 6.2u3 cluster?

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 18:59:02 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Will see about install now :

Seems to have installed fine and is now running.   But I don't like
that it reports everything as 'lx24' mainly because I have binaries in
/data/binaries which I now have to start building 2nd copies of for
Ubuntu.  So I was going to have /data/binaries/<ARCH>/ and programs
would use the appropriate path for their architecture.    I can easily
write a little script that does this myself and returns 'lx38' or
'lx26' accordingly, but I'd sooner have the output from GE report
something similar just to avoid confusion amongst the scientists who
will be doing this.

So in sort : I can live with it like this.  But I'd sooner fix it just in case.

Thanks for your help!