[gridengine users] Can a 6.2u5 node talk to a 6.2u3 cluster?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Sep 23 19:20:34 UTC 2013

Am 23.09.2013 um 20:59 schrieb Alan McKay:

> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Will see about install now :
>
> Seems to have installed fine and is now running.   But I don't like
> that it reports everything as 'lx24' mainly because I have binaries in
> /data/binaries which I now have to start building 2nd copies of for
> Ubuntu.

For Ubuntu? I have a similar patch to get lx24-em64t for Intel CPUs, but I wonder about the reason to target Ubuntu. As the name of the architecture is also compiled into the binaries, they need to be patched (or rebuild) too:

http://arc.liv.ac.uk/pipermail/gridengine-users/2009-July/026332.html
http://arc.liv.ac.uk/pipermail/gridengine-users/2009-July/026334.html

Just change the complete string lx24-em64t string to something with the same length and name the 3 directories inside bin/lib/utilbin according to this.

-- Reuti

PS: Of course: do on your own risk, for me it's working to distinguish between amd64 and em64t this way and just use $ARC in the jobscript.