[gridengine users] How to manage grid nodes

Lionel SPINELLI spinelli at ciml.univ-mrs.fr
Mon Sep 30 11:38:02 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I have a question that is not directly linked to SGE but relates to the same. Which tool administrators that have to install, manage, configure and ensure coherence between lot of grid nodes use? I mean, if I have 10 nodes in my grid and need to be sure that all of them have the right software/configuration, I don't want to manually configure each machine. Do you know a simple tool that could do the job? My researches lead me to "Puppet Master" but I would like to get advises from experts...

thanks in advance

Regards

Lionel