[gridengine users] Information on compute nodes

VG gupta567varun at gmail.com
Tue May 6 15:34:50 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

I have started to understand the basics of SGE, but still I am pretty new
in this cluster computation.
When I qsub an application, and use qstat to check the status of my
submitted job I see that my job has been submitted to a compute node
something like this *biology at compute-0-18.local* or
*biology at compute-0-17.local*

What I want to understand as of now is, what is this compute node? Is this
one of the many computers on the cluster. I want to find out how much ram
is associated with *biology at compute-0-18.local *and how many cores are
available on this compute node

*?? But most importantly what is this compute node(Is it a one of the
several computers on the cluster??)*
I will have more questions for sure once I get answers to these.

Thanks for all the help

Regards