[gridengine users] Information on compute nodes

Jesse Becker beckerje at mail.nih.gov
Tue May 6 16:02:27 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 11:58:17AM -0400, VG wrote:
>Thanks for the reply, I am looking at qhost command now.
>Also a compute node  *biology at compute-0-18.local* would mean one of the
>several computers on the cluster??

Probably.  The output from 'qhost' should show a list of all known
compute nodes.

Note that each compute node can have multiple queues associated with it.
You've mentioned the "biology" queue, but there could also be, for
example, a "physics" queue that also is attached to compute-0-18.  So
you may see the same hardware listed more than once.

--
Jesse Becker (Contractor)