[gridengine users] unknown resource (mem_free)

Roberto Nunnari roberto.nunnari at supsi.ch
Tue May 13 17:05:32 UTC 2014

Hi.

I must have broken my scheduler configuration.. it doesn't recognize
anymore the -l mem_free flag.. well.. I guess it checks the flag at
submit time, but when it tries to schedule it, it shows the following
output:

$ qstat -j 1637743 |grep "(mem_free)"
                             (-l h_rt=864000,mem_free=3072M) cannot run
in queue "mb.q at node17.cluster" because job requests unknown resource
(mem_free)

$ qconf -sc | grep mem_free
mem_free            mf         MEMORY      <=    YES         YES
0        0

$ qconf -se node09 | grep mem_free
                       mem_free=15558.878906M,swap_free=0.000000M, \

Any ideas? How to fix this? What should I check? What have I broken?

Thank you and best regards.
Robi