[gridengine users] how to create plug-in ?

ueki.hikonuki ueki.hikonuki at jcom.home.ne.jp
Sun May 25 11:30:49 UTC 2014

Hi Reuti,

Yes, I should've explained it first.

This plug-in is used for managing a hardware resource.
There is a server process to manage the hardware.
When users try to submit a job which uses the hardware, the plug-in makes a query to
the server process if the requested resource is available.

If it is available, the server process returns the set of resources.
The plug-in then reserves one of the sets returned.
Now LSF submits the job with the reserved hardware resource.

I thought this was similar to using GPU resource in the following discussion.

http://serverfault.com/questions/322073/howto-set-up-sge-for-cuda-devices

However, in my case, any delay like loadsensor is not acceptable.
I'm not sure if the loadsensor can do what the plug-in does.

Thanks,

Ueki